The biggest kit in the world won’t make a difference if it’s sitting in camp while you’re in the field. The Field Trauma kit is designed to be small enough to stash into a daypack while equipping you with the supplies and information to venture 1-2 days away from your base. The included bandages, dressings, and medication enable you to stop the bleeding, stabilize the fracture or sprain, and keep the patient comfortable while you make your way back to camp or await rescue.
- Antiseptic wipes and butterfly bandages for closing small wounds.
- Petrolatum gauze promotes healing and doesn’t adhere to deep puncture wounds.
- Bright orange exterior with reflective piping makes kit easy to find when you need it.
- A wide array of medications to treat pain, inflammation, and common allergies.
- Nitrile examination gloves plus biohazard disposal bag.
- Hospital-quality tools, including EMT Shears and precision forceps set the standard for backcountry medical care.
- Wraps and bandages to immobilize fractures and provide support.
- Trauma pads and wide elastic wraps to control life-threatening bleeding.
- By Eric A. Weiss, M.D. The most up-to-date information on wilderness and travel medicine. Includes: “Weiss Advice” improvised techniques; “When to Worry” tips; 97 illustrations; recommended prescription medications; medical supplies for extended expeditions
|4||Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, 1″ x 3″|
|3||Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, Knuckle|
|2||Bandage, Butterfly Closure|
|1||Bandage, Elastic, Self Adhering, 2″|
|2||Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 2″ x 2″, Pkg./2|
|2||Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 4″ x 4″, Pkg./2|
|1||Dressing, Non-Adherent, Sterile, 3″ x 4″|
|2||Gloves, Nitrile (Pair), Hand Wipe|
|2||Trauma Pad, 5″ x 9″|
Blister / Burn
|11||Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped (11 pieces)|
|1||Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps|
|1||Comp. Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine|
|1||After Bite Wipe|
|2||Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg)|
|1||Aspirin (325 mg), Pkg./2|
|2||Ibuprofen (200 mg), Pkg./2|
|6||After Cuts & Scrapes Antiseptic Wipe|
|1||Dressing, Petrolatum, 3″ x 3″|
|1||Tape, 1/2″ x 10 Yards|
|2||Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Single Use|