Halloween pumpkin carvers – don’t toss out the guts! Make use of those leftover pumpkin seeds with this delicious recipe.
Roasted pumpkin seeds are a healthy and delicious snack that often gets tossed out with the garbage.
Here’s how to roast pumpkin seeds:
2. Soak the pumpkin seeds in salt water (brine) for about half an hour.
3. Drain the brine from the pumpkin seeds using a strainer.
4. Place seeds into large bowl and coat with a small amount of olive oil.
5. Add the following seasoningss to the bowl and mix until seeds are evenly coated:
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt or meat tenderizer
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
6. Spray some Pam or other non-stick spray onto a large cookie sheet.
7. Take seeds and spread them evenly on the cookie sheet.
8. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until seeds are lightly toasted.
Cool and serve!