Ideal for hunting, camping, boating, or surveillance, the ATN Viper expandable goggle system makes it easy to see in the dark while keeping your hands free for activities. The first-generation, high-resolution night-vision unit features a magnification ratio of 1x, but offers the option of expanding to 4x or 8x. More significantly, the unit is extremely versatile: you can use it for hands-free activities such as fishing or paintball, as a compact monocular, or attach it to a camera for nighttime photography. And even though ATN outfitted the Viper with a heavy-coated glass lens, the company managed to keep the weight down to only 9 ounces.
The Viper fits around your head via a comfortable fabric strap, which includes both forehead and chin pads for security. The goggle itself, meanwhile, offers such features as a built-in IR illuminator, an automatic brightness control, an adjustable eyepiece, a manual focus system, and single-switch button operation. An excellent alternative to night-vision binoculars, the Viper is water-and dust-resistant and comes with a soft case.
- Intensifier tube: 1st-gen +1 high resolution
- Lens system: 35mm, f/1.0
- Resolution: 40 lp/mm
- Detection range: 150 meters
- Recognition range: 100 meters
- Minimum light required: 3×0.001 lux
- Focal range: 1 foot to infinity
- Field of view: 14 degrees
- Diopter: +/- 5
- Battery life: 8 to 10 hours (continuous)
- Power supply: 3-volt lithium battery
- Dimensions: 5 by 2 by 1 inches (W x H x D)
- Weight: 1 pound
- Warranty: 2 years